Back-end Software Engineer
ABOUT THIS JOB
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Back-End Developer to join our innovative technology team at Trend Capital. In this role, you’ll play a pivotal part in making platforms highly usable and thoroughly enjoyable for our clients and partners. Being self motivated, creative, eager to learn and a problem solver while maintaining a top quality level of code will ensure success in this role. If that’s you, join us!
Our company offers great benefits: full healthcare package (medical, dental, vision, life), 401k with a company match, flexible schedule, catered lunch, coffee, tea and snacks, reward system, paid parking, competitive pay, and much more! Anyone who joins our team will have great potential for career and personal growth.
We highly value:
- Clean, modular code
- Integration and end-to-end testing
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Observability and reliability
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience in back-end development, preferably in Node.js but similar languages (Java, Python, C#, PHP) are fine
- 2+ years of experience developing GraphQL or RESTful APIs
- Database design and implementation skills (PostgreSQL or similar)
- Strong understanding of active record or data mapper ORM (or similar)
- Strong understanding of dependency injection, mocking, and testing code
- Attention to detail with complex projects and time-sensitive materials
- Strong preference for local candidates. If remote, must be available to work with at least a few hours of overlap with PST business hours each day for collaboration
- Must be able to speak and write fluent English
- NoSQL experience (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.)
- Third party API integration experience (Stripe, Google Calendar, Google Maps, etc.)
- Cloud-native experience (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, etc.)
- Continuous integration experience (GitLab CI, Circle CI, etc.)
Accredited Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (preferred but not required) or equivalent demonstrated work experience
We like to code, not sift through JIRA tickets and boring stand-ups all day. We pride ourselves that each developer works in autonomous roles with little management or guidance!
For more information about our company please visit https://trendcapital.com/.